Beautiful Monsters

Beautiful Monsters
Beautiful Monsters

Monday, August 13, 2012

Complain? ME?

My thought for the day... I can either believe that God is sovereign, loves me intensely, is omniscient, all powerful, and very much involved in my life OR I can whine or feel bad about my life, my circumstances, what I have, what I don't and what I would change. I can't have both. If God does love me and is all of those things, I have nothing to complain about. Not a thing. Because He is God, and if it pleased Him, if it brought Him glory, if it fulfilled His plan for my life to be different AND I am submitted to Him, then it would be. 

Side note. We watched a video about John Stumbo, who was on his deathbed with a still un-diagnosed disease that he was healed from, and he said something that really stuck... With God, the absolute worst thing that could happen, the very worst thing, is that I get to go to Heaven and be with Jesus! How amazing that thought is, how freeing. If Heaven is my worst outcome, where do I have any room to complain, or fear? 

Secondary side note. I was laughing with my kids this weekend about a saying I heard: "My job is not to house happy teenagers. It is to raise responsible, well-adjusted adults"... well, I was laughing. The kids weren't really impressed. They beg to differ. ANYWAY... I do that too, with God. His job isn't to make me happy, giddy, carefree... His job is to lead me to greater holiness, to refine me in the fire, to give me opportunity to expand my testimony and impact on the little world around me. Sometimes that is happy. Sometimes it really isn't, it can be angering, or hard, or lonely, or heartbreaking. Argh. I get the boys' point now.

No comments:

Post a Comment